Low volume from build-in speaker on Tascam DR-22WL

dobro

Gear owned
Tascam DR-22WL
Hello,

I just got a brand new recorder DR-22WL. It's doing great job on recording, but when I need to check the audio on the build-in speaker the level is very low. Even when listening to loud speech recordings I need to put the recorder next my ear in order to hear the hear separate words.
With headphones is ok.
Anyone have any ideas what can cause that? Is it normal for this model or it's faulty?

Thanks and regards,
Dobro

I just picked one up myself but from all I have read about it, it is normal for this model.

I have had mine for about 10 months. Unfortunately, the speaker is pretty useless. I carry earbuds in my case with it. Works very well with those.

Looks like a cell phone earpiece speaker to me, so I've always presumed it's designed to be held to the ear like a cell phone.

The same for me, internal speaker is quite useless. I always use earphones or an external speaker. I have a Bluetooth speaker which also has stereo jack input. I use this when I duet with my own recordings made and played back with the DR-22.

Anyone have a recommendation for an external speaker?

I confirm the internal speaker is useless. I always use earphone (even the cheapest are way better than internal speaker) or wired external speaker.
Moreover, usually I use the unit just for live recording. Then the files are transferred to PC, edited with Audacity (cut and paste, fading, level adjust... or even more if needed), then moved to phone or MP3 player for playbacking.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.