Mackie Big Knob – Stereo Imaging Test #1 (New)

Old No7

From
Southern Maine
Gear owned
Tascam DP-24SD
A huge "Thank You" to -mjk- for his guidance on how to do the Stereo Imaging Test of the Mackie Big Knob that I had added to my setup. I'm using it to route the output from my DP-24SD to either my Thump 12As (for playing around and jamming to backing tracks) or to my JBL 305 Mk IIs when tracking and mixing.

--> Test #1, with less than 10 hours on the Knob -- and it passed with flying colors. No leakage!

Per -mjk-' s experiences and recommendation, I will repeat this test every 6 months or so, and I'll try to remember to report back here with the results as it ages.

This prior thread of mine (click for link) details what my setup is -- but also includes the detailed info from -mjk- on how to do the stereo imaging test; that could be useful info for others who want to test similar gear for stereo imaging.

Now I need to run the test again on the DP's "Monitor control" knob.

If -mjk- or another moderator wants this info moved to, or reposted in the "Recording" forum, go ahead and do so; or let me know, and I can repost it over there.

Thanks again to -mjk-! I am not 100% of your musical interests -- but "you rock" in my book.

Cheers!

Old No7

Reactions: mijama and -mjk-
No thanks needed bro. Just watching out for a fellow Forum user! We all appreciate the update. Glad to hear the MBK is working perfectly!

I would love to visit Maine again. I have had many wonderful times in Maine, camping, fishing and playing tours there. I have a rock and roll story about fishing in Maine that I really should post in the General Chat forum.

Thanks for the info & feedback, as I was really pleased with the outcome.

I have a rock and roll story about fishing in Maine that I really should post in the General Chat forum.

Sounds like a great idea! That's a great story! Wonder if there were any hand grenades or dynamite involved...

(Says the Maine fish poacher in a 10 foot canoe out in the middle of a lake to the undercover Game Warden as he lights a stick of dynamite and hands it over: "Well now, Warden, are you gonna fish along with me or what?!")

Old No

Reactions: -mjk-

New threads

Members online