Man, am I rusty

David Porter

Soundaholic
Gear owned
DP-32SD
I really dug into my DP-32SD the last couple of years and had a solid handle on routing and controls. Alas, I'm a small business owner and air conditioning contractor in north Texas - got busy in the spring and things have not let up since. So little to no time to spend with the Tascam.

So I went into the home studio today and cranked things up for the first time in a loooong time. Sheesh. I'm having a helluva time remember some of the basics.

I've got this song that consists of one mono acoustic guitar track and one stereo electric guitar track. I'm wanting to send these out to a rack-mount stereo mastering processor and then back into the DP to record the processed signal.

So I've got my sends set to "pre" so I can monitor the processed signal on the destination track(s). But I'm forgetting the best way to adjust individual track levels since I don't have the "post" control of the source faders.

Should I simply use the send level controls to adjust the individual outgoing source levels? Or the digital trim? Feels like I'm brain-farting right now.

Last edited:
And then another question...

Once I get my processed signal to a stereo pair - 11/12 in this case - what's the quickest, easiest way to get that to a single stereo wav file that I can export and share?

Man... I *am* rusty. Like my head is in a fog with this stuff all of the sudden.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.