Mastering with dp24

Xi.Ro.Sigma

Gear owned
244 - dp 24
Hello readers,

I am posting a new threat on the mastering aspect of the PORTASTUDIO DP-24.

I have stopped using DAW programms for these three months and dedicated my time on external recorders.
I have faced a slight discomforting noise though when it comes to the master file on the Tascam DP24.

Every time i play the master file from the begining a click sound appears and the same when the master file fnishises. I tred mixing the stereo output when CREATING the MASTER FILE. amking it a subtle intro and outro but still the same one click in intro and outro.

Has anybody else noticed this.
If yes have you managed to overcome it with some way.?

Regards
Xirosigma

I have heard and seen the pops/clicks on the screen, not that many and they appear to be random in nature. The pops/clicks seem to appear when the compression/reverb settings are turned too far up. However the clicks/pops did not appear on my master when played back. I advise using the jog wheel to locate the pop/crack, set the in/out points on that pop and then edit with silence. I also suggest you check the monitor volume of effects 1 and 2; my clicks/pops were reduced when I lowered the master volume of effects 1 and 2. Note the stereo monitor volume may show under db 0, but the effects monitor volume could be in distortion because it way above 0 db.

New threads

Members online