Meter Lights Failure

_Jeff_

Gear owned
DM4800
Hello,

The main meter lights on my DM-4800 have gone crazy. Both left and right show signal when signal is present as normal, however the light intensity is dim, and the left side shows lights lit up half way, brightening when the actual level reaches that intensity. This situation comes and goes, randomly. With some lights being brighter than others while levels vary.

Anyone know if I have a failing cap? or chip? Thoughts on a fix? I really like the visual of the meter, and this is very distracting.

Thanks

Definitely sounds like a hardware issue, could be what you suggest, or a flat cable connection being unreliable. If you're comfortable opening up the board give it a go, or have someone else take a look.

Before that though, maybe doing a full diagnostic test can give you more information. Start up the mixer while pushing Shift and output Assign 1 and 2 buttons. Good luck!

Full diagnostic! That sounds fun. Shift assign 1 & 2... I'll give that a try

If I were you, I'd turn the studio monitors off first. I enabled test mode on the DP-32 and it nearly blew mine off the platforms.

Thanks for the heads up, I will do it with everything else turned off. As with most people here, my hearing is very important to me. I haven't had an opportunity to do that diagnostic test yet. I'll let everyone know how it goes. Thank you for your replies.

Reactions: -mjk-

New threads

Members online

No members online now.