-mjk-

Staff member
From
Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
Website
phoenixmediaforge.com
Gear owned
DP-32, | 2A Mixer, A3440
i know this has been beat to death. but, i just have to go there....

i have a KORG Microstation (so cute, portable, and has the M1 engine!) it's a 16 track sequencer.

i'm able to sync with and record mixing data from the DP-32 (apparently, but i have to take a look at the data itself another time). but i cannot get the mixer to read the data on playback. i've fiddled with the KORG MIDI settings as well, and the KORG tracks perfectly, even FF and RW/Locate is locked. but when i set the KORG to be the master it doesn't control the DP-32 transport. so i have to dig deep into the MIDI implementation tables on both devices and figure out where the discrepancy is. i'll get it eventually!

mjk, I saw your post in the 24SD/32SD firmware upgrade thread.

Maybe the midi glitch is because of the firmware update you did?

Last edited:
hi Mark. i don't think it's a glitch - i think i'm not doing something right. i believe i'm not recording the full data set from the DP-32. working on it! thanks.

mjk, you're getting me to consider finding a good used DP-24 sibling for my DP-24 and using midi to master/slave the two units.

With 48 tracks, no more bouncing to conserve tracks; various 100% wet stereo effects on their own tracks for Mixdown; separate tracks for double tracking; and on and on.

Thinking about possibilities is really making me :).

And then, with your experimenting as a guide, to be able to automate the whole mix would be icing on the cake.

Mark, they are out there if you're willing to search around the world. I actually found 2 and I let one pass, as I already had the one from Holland in the box. But the one in Japan was sweet, and went for really low money on auction.

I'm considering using the DP-32 with a 32 channel Soundcraft Ghost and MIDI. Still thinking about it because I don't like to complicate things. I'm leaning towards not using the Ghost and making the DP-32 work with a MIDI sequencer to automate the mix. Of course I'll share what I figure out. This is the Ghost:

Attachments

• 1540862824892.jpg
    1540862824892.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 7

New threads

Members online

No members online now.