MIDI Sysex DM-3200

fclum

From
Bronxville, NY
Gear owned
DM-3200, IF-FWDM MKII
This is my first post so please forgive me if my question is basic, but Is there any way to access the automation and snapshot libraries via Sysex on the DM-3200? It would be awesome to be able to load the necessary files via my DAW when a sequence ran.

Is there ant advantage to using the MIDI connectors on the IF-DW/DMmkII over the connectors on the DM itself?

I'm also curious if this is possible - can't find anything in the manual or on the web. The DM4800 is on my shortlist but this is a deal breaker to me - I'd like to recall scenes from a DAW to using sysex to dump the current scene. This is something you could do with the DM24...

You probably can (TMC software communicates with DM via MIDI), but it's not documented feature. However, you can recall snapsots with Program Change messages.

Thanks for the response. I was thinking in that direction - did anybody ever try capturing TMC output?

Curious if anyone ever had success with capturing and/or sending MIDI SysEx dump of either Snapshot or Project data? Looking for way to do such to bypass CF Card when it is not working correctly ,which for me happens pretty often these days.

Of course it would be very helpful if TMC had capability to save and load Snapshots as well as Project data without needing the CF Card.

Of course it would be very helpful if TMC had capability to save and load Snapshots as well as Project data without needing the CF Card.

Remember, Snapshots are >>within<< your project file. As long as you send a program change message to the MIDI In port of your DM - you're good to go.

Last edited:
It looks like the DM only saves to the CF card and accesses the computer via backup / restore to that card..... but I could be wrong.....

I understand that sending a PGM message to the DM can select and load a Snapshot, but..... you first need to have a CF Card inserted, with a Project from the CF Card loaded before sending a Pgm change to select and load that Snapshot.

I am looking to be able to save and load a Project or Snapshot via MIDI (SysEx) without having a previous Project loaded or having a CF Card inserted. Basically trying to do via MIDI much of what the TMC App does.

As Drumstruck implies, seems the DM is hard wired to always needing and having a working CF Card to load any DM projects.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.