Midi

BigEasy504

Gear owned
Tascam DM 3200
I am now understanding/getting a grasp of the audio flow in my DM 3200. I can now hear the panning as I posed this question a few weeks back[my Mackie Big Knob had a lot to do with that].. What I am now trying to accomplish is Midi. I have an M-Audio USB Midisport 8x8 and I have out board [Roland keyboard and Groovebox etc] gear running through it also the Fire Wire expansion card. I am trying to record Midi into Pro Tools 10 via the DM 3200 Can I get some advisement on how to configure the DM to get this accomplished. DM settings, how my Midisport can run through the DM so I my Midi from the out board gear can be recorded.

I would not recommend connecting the DM to the Midisport. The USB connection you made will provide your MIDI data path from the DM to and from the computer.

Rockum thanks for you response ....Ok when get off today I will disconnect the midi from the firewire and should it be a matter of setting the ports in PT10 are is there setting in the DM I will have to adjust

Useful video for understanding the MIDI controller functions better that has been posted by Jamsire, a forum member.

Note specifically 5:00 in there is a mention of connecting the MIDI from the board to the MIDI of the firewire card in order to avoid needing an external MIDI device connection.

Not exactly beginner stuff, but I am not sure where you are with this.

Reactions: Peter Batah

New threads

Staff online

Members online