Midistudio 644 Issue - need help!

Dutch Widows

Gear owned
Tacam Midistudio 644
I've recently got a Tascam Midistudio 644, and it does a brain-melting thing that I'd like it not to do, but I can't find anything in the manual on how to stop it.

The machine stops any tape movement (play, FFWD, REW, or REC) at zero, whether or not I press the 'Return to Zero' button. That's OK, that's understandable, and I can work past that in a normal way by zeroing the counter at the start of a song and working forwards from there on the tape, knowing that zero is just before the start of the song. No problem.

The annoyance comes in when I then press any tape button (play, FFWD etc) expecting the tape to keep rolling, but the counter will reset itself after a count of between 1 and 4, and immediately stop, presumably because it's got to zero and it knows it has to stop at zero.

Does anyone know how to stop the machine reseting the counter every time the tape moves?

It's proving quite a difficult thing to work around, and my language is turning increasingly industrial.

Other than the small flaw of not being able to use it for more than a few seconds at a time, it's a lovely machine!

New threads

Members online

No members online now.