Missing POD - DM-4800

@TimV Oh yeah! You're talking to the OCD King. Take a look at the attached pics. Even I don't think that this behavior is normal. Do I love covering stuff or what? I just can't help myself. :cool:

Attachments

• 20181201_122737.jpg
    20181201_122737.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 20181201_122759.jpg
    20181201_122759.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 20181201_122809.jpg
    20181201_122809.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: TimV
@TimV That craziness extends to the outdoors as well. Gotta love it. :LOL:

Attachments

• 20180403_155356.jpg
    20180403_155356.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 5
Oh boy...twin sons, different mothers :cool:. I asked my wife to make me a cover for my DM-3200 as soon as I got it a few weeks ago...she teaches sewing at the local middle school. Until she was able to, I just put a piece of cloth (mostly dustless) over the board. I also have covers over my keys and several of my amps in my studio. Dust is one of the biggest enemies of mixers and I have known this for years and years. Running my own pro sound repair shop for over 20 years, I have seen just about everything...the biggest enemies are dust, food/drink and heat.

I don't do the repair thing full time any longer...I needed a job with a steady paycheck (per my wife). I still do repairs but limited only to friends and a couple of music stores around here when they get in a bind.

Reactions: Peter Batah
@TimV So sad when you have to stop doing what you are passionate about because of the Almighty $$$. By the way, having my central vac within arms length is a Big plus as well.

@TimV Thought you might like this. I was in communication with these folks a while back in regards to a custom cover for the DM series. Pretty reasonable (if you live in the US)

https://www.digitaldeckcovers.com/

Attachments

• Deck Cover DM3200.jpg
    Deck Cover DM3200.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 2
To be honest Peter, I was getting burned out on it. I did get to meet many great musicians, some fairly/very well known. I still have some past clients that will only let me work on their gear but it was tough being president, laborer, buyer, sales, etc all wrapped into one and still have a life too and I was never at the point where I could hire someone to take some of the load off.

My wife was a great help on the financial end of things but it was getting harder to repair a lot of the more modern stuff what with SMT (Surface Mount Technology) components. My 62 year old eyes just don't see what they used to be able to see and the specialized equipment required to repair this equipment was out of reach for me cost wise.

I like what I do now..still an electronics tech in a different field (very sophisticated electro-optical equipment) and I get to have a life in the evenings and on the weekends, something I never really had running my own business....and I still repair sound stuff, but now I can do it pretty much on my terms.

I found that equipment cover company within hours of getting my board...My wife, being the person she is said she could knock one of out in about a hour and it wouldn't cost me anything (or maybe take her out for breakfast :))

@TimV Sounds to me like you found the perfect fit. Sometimes you have to make that journey. Never easy working for yourself. I completely understand.

I found that equipment cover company within hours of getting my board...My wife, being the person she is said she could knock one of out in about a hour and it wouldn't cost me anything (or maybe take her out for breakfast :))
These days breakfast may end up costing you more. Especially, if you dare walk into McDonalds

you may be right....:(

the cover is already made so I'm in debt to her now...a promise is a promise.

@TimV There's an idea. Personalized desk covers. Your wife can get herself a small silk screen printing heat transfer machine and Voila! Like you needed another self-employment idea, right?
Ha ha ha!

haha...she's already busy enough. I'm pretty sure this would push her over the edge.

Hi @TimV and @Peter Batah, I am following this thread with interest. I am in Europe and I too see the $13 shipping.
And as you can see in the attached picture, I am missing a few knobs. However, if I could order 8 of them en still pay only $13, this would be a whole different story. Do you think I will have to pay only once for shipping? :)

Attachments

• IMG_0409 (1).jpg
    IMG_0409 (1).jpg
    90 KB · Views: 9
@Marvel. Hello. As far as the shipping goes for additional quantity you may have to contact the seller for that. I don't remember having seen more than the one knob from this seller. Unless I missed something! By the way, I'm a little curious, if you don't mind my asking: how did you lose all eight knobs? :rolleyes:

You're right! What was I thinking. :)
Well, I bought it this way. A small accident at the club I got it from damaged these knobs (they were spread more over the board, I put them all together), broke off the pod at channel 8 and damaged the fader. You might recall my posts about that, when I first arrived here. :)
http://www.tascamforums.com/threads/spare-parts-dm-4800.5074/

Anyway ended up buying the desk for a very reasonable price because of these damages. The pod was easily glued with super glue, I switched out the two fader boards, so the faulty channel is now channel 16, and it turns out that it starts working when the board gets warm enough after some use.

This leaves only the knobs.

@Marvel Would be interesting to know if the seller has multiples. Grab them while you can!

Yeah, might be worth it to send them an email.

I got a reasonable deal, 4,99 a piece instead of 5,99, plus shipping only once at 13. :)

New threads

Members online

No members online now.