Mixing down

Bravohorn1

Gear owned
DP 24SD
Hey all,
Still no word on the monitor issue. I have a question regarding setting a project up for completion. I have a bunch of music/songs I'm comfortable with proceeding with the final stage, but was wondering: Is there a basic checklist someone has put together for mixdown and mastering. what's the first thing you pros do once you are satisfied with the artist/band studio performances?
Example:

1) Turn on the 24sd
2) Load Song
3) Listen to song again for any imperfections
4) ?
5) ?
6) ?
7) Create CD case insert
And so on, until

15) Present Artist w/ CD

Each step doesn't have to be detailed out. Just something simple to check off as I go through the process.
This may seem funny, but I just don't want to miss anything.
Thanks in advance

@Bravohorn1, what I do after I'm finished tracking begins a long time before I've finished tracking. With each additional session I create a work mix. The work mix is a quick and dirty representation of all the new parts as they fit in with the other parts, and it's not designed to be perfect. Work mixes are supposed to annoy you so that you know what you want to do on the end. I listen to the work mix and I go "Yup, I should've made the guitar louder there, I should've done this to the vocals there", etc. If you don't do work mixes as you go along, you end up at the end of the session going "Now what am I gonna do?"

Make a couple of mixes and play them everywhere. Copy them to your phone, and go to the mall and play them on the different stereo systems they have for sale. Play it in the car. Play it everywhere and make notes of how it sounds. Then proceed to do the final mix based on all the information you've gathered.

New threads

Staff online

Members online