Model 24 & El Capitan

Dan Jose

Gear owned
Tascam Model 24
Hi Guys,

I understand this isn't the right forum but there isn't much activity on the model 24 forum and I thought maybe you guys could help with a software issue.

I just got my model 24 on the basis it would work on my old (yet more than adequate) studio computer which is a 2008 Mac Pro running El-Capitan. The manual says the 24 needs at least usb 2.0 which my studio computer does. Online it also says it is compatible with El Capitan. It also runs Ableton 9 just fine. I was hoping to use the 24 to multitrack in and out into Ableton.

However, when I plug in the USB my computer doesn't read it as an audio driver anywhere. I tried it straight out of the box , and then the sd card update to the latest firmware and same problem. The model 24 does say usb connected when in storage mode and the usb light does light up. If I plug the usb into my 2015 MacBook Pro it reads it picks up the mixer straight away as Model 24.

I really did buy this in the basis of being able to run it off my studio comp. Does anyone have any advice? Maybe some of the other audio interfaces have the same issue?

Thanks for your help,

Dan

Dan, you posted this question in the Model 24 forum already. There is no need to cross-post. There "isn't much activity" in the Model 24 forum because it's a new product with a relatively few number of people using it.

Followups should be in the Model 24 forum so that future readers can find it.

Thanks.

Hi,

Not to be rude, but your point proves why I'm asking here.

Thanks for your help,

Daniel

You're not being rude at all.

There are only a handful of Model 24 users on the forum. You're better off asking Tascam about the specific issues with the OS. If you get the answer/solution, please share in the Model 24 forum. Thanks.

New threads

Members online