Model 24 - How to use faders?

DirtyMike321

Gear owned
Tascam Model 24
Hello everybody,

I have recently got in to recording music and decided to purchase a Model 24 due to previous negative experiences using DAWs, however learning how to use this console has proved to be quite daunting for a novice.

My question to you all is how exactly do I get the faders to work? I am able to increase the volume of each of my individual tracks simply by moving the gain knob up, but it appears that the faders do not seem work at all when I play my track back and try to increase the volume post-recording. Additionally, I am unable to change the EQ (or use the pan knobs) of an individual track after it has been recorded.

Despite this, I have had a very positive experience with the Model 24.. it is easy to use by myself but not with other people (who have varying levels of volume).

To summarize everything up, I guess I am really asking how do you mix your songs once you have finished recording them.

Thank you all in advance for your advice! Again, I am completely new to using mixers (and recording) so perhaps it would have been a better idea to start off on an 8 track.

Last edited:
Hello Dirty Mike...You should be able to increase the volume using the faders for each track you record. There is a mixdown mode available on the DP-24 as well as mastering selection. There is also a pre and post setting in the mixdown mode. I assume you have read the manual? Page 16 I think shows how to mix the tracks using EQ etc. There are some great tutorials on here by Phil Tipping in the event you would rather watch. But they will tell and show you everything you need to know.
http://www.tascamforums.com/threads/dp-24-32sd-tutorial-videos.4475/

Hello Jim,

Thank you for your reply, I am referring to the fader function on the Tascam Model 24 rather than the DP-24. I may be misunderstanding your post so I apologize if that is the case.

Ahhh my bad. But if you search the forums by that model you will probably find an answer. Sorry for the false hope

Hi Dirty Mike - I think all you may need to do is switch the mode from "live" to "MTR" which stands for monitor. This switch is located between the gain and compression knobs. It's possible you may need to also hit the "PFL" button on the channels/tracks you're working with. The PFL button should be in the "out" position.

Good Luck!

New threads

Members online

No members online now.