MX2424 to newer media help sought

Dave Blackburn

Hi all, I used to record to the MX2424 and eventually sold it. But last week a client from 17 years ago (!) contacted me and wondered if I still had the work we did together. I do still have the SCSI drives and a pullout tray for the unit, but no longer any unit. Can I hire someone with a working MX to transfer the tracks from my drives (a 9GB and a 15GB Cheetah) to a thumb drive and mail it to me? It is solo guitar music so I thing I used maybe three mics.

I wouldn't need the MX drives or sled returned. Once a successful data transfer can be made the "helper" is welcome to keep the drives and reuse them. I'm also okay with an analog transfer from the MX audio outs if the gain can be matched pretty close, and that might make re-sycing easier.

Thanks
Dave

beatntrack@att.net

Last edited:
Where are you based Dave ? Probably makes sense to keep it as local as possible.

I'm in the UK, so probably not one for me .....

So....anyone in the US able to assist with this? I'd like to be able to report back to my client whether it will be doable to get these tracks again. Thanks for any help.

I can help you if you get really stuck & don't mind shipping the media to the UK......

Rob, that's very kind of you. I'll just wait a few more days and see if someone nearer responds (I even wrote to Tascam, who are just a few miles up the freeway - but no response.) Do you have the means to pull the raw audio files right from the discs and write them to a stick or would it be analog outs to an interface? Either is okay.

I have a rme Raydat interface so I do real time digital transfers. I use the tascam for location recordings & pull them into Pro Tools like this.

Rob, my direct email is beatntrack@att.net. If you'd be up for doing this transfer project please email me at that address with a price for your time. I could ship the two drives this week with a pre-addressed envelope to send the stick back. I wouldn't need the drives or the sled anymore so you could do whatever with them. Thanks.

New threads

Members online