Mysterious problem caused by 16x08

jurgendeblonde

Gear owned
Portastudio MKiii
Maybe this should go in a new thread, maybe not. But I do have the weirdest problem since this weekend. Using a 16x08 without a problem for almost two years now on a pretty recent ASUS laptop. WIN10. However, seemingly out of the blue my laptop starting freezing partially or completely every 30 seconds/1 minute and freezes for anytime between 10 seconds to two minutes.

I initially thought my laptop was giving up on me. Until monday evening I found out my laptop was working perfectly fine again. (insert sigh of relief). Until today. I took me a while to realize that the freezing of my computer is caused by inserting the USB cable of the Tascam into the PC. This is new.

Now, I've re-installed the drivers twice, the most recent ones, which were on there already anway. Changed USB cable. Switched of phantom power. Tried alternative USB ports. As soon as the Tascam is connected the problem reoccurs. When disconnected, the laptop works flawlessly.

This behaviour seems so erratic, I'm not too sure what else I could do...

Mind you, the Tascam does operate, there IS sound, it just seems to mess up my computers memory (I guess). Very strange...

Any insights or ideas would be more then welcome... but no clue so far... I guess I will have to use a different interface in the meantime.

I'm facing exactly the same issue since this weekend with my 16x08 running on Windows 10 (1803). The PC is freezing and CPU is reaching 100% when turning the interface on, turning it off or removing the cable fixes the problem. (Tried to update drivers, replace power and USB cables, removing all other audio cables, followed the microphone security instruction, etc... without solution)

I've installed the driver on another Windows 10 (1703) and got the pop-up information below:
upload_2018-10-29_22-13-31.png

Checking the informed URL I've noted the Windows 10 1803 (April 2018) is officially supported, but seems there is some October update causing this issue.

upload_2018-10-29_22-21-24.png
During this week I'll try to find the latest installed updates and will try to remove it.

So far, I have been succesful in solving the problem by uninstalling the latest windows update. I have also had to tell my windows not to update automatically again. It did that yesterday when I shut down and I just had the same problem again this morning. So, removed the update. Everything's smooth again. And then I discovered this option where could ask windows to postpone any updates until 09/12/18. Let's just hope TASCAM solves the problem (or windows does) by then.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.