Need an sx-1 os 1.52 disc

wolf

Veteran
Gear owned
2 SX-1 LE+ DVRA1000 CD-01U
HELP!!! I bought yet another SX and I'm having a problem getting it to boot up!!! does anyone have an SX-1 disc I can use (and return to you) or one they don't need? not the LE or LE Plus discs, I already have them and they don't work in the SX-1 (or they're not working now)...the SX was working for a month or so and then suddenly stopped...I contacted Tascam by phone and email over 2 weeks ago, but haven't heard back from them...I also tried using a disc that was burned from the site that Redbus created (actually, Radside burned 2 discs for me) but they don't work...
I'm desperate here and don't want to have to buy another SX when I just bought this one...and I may not even be able to find another one...
can anyone help?
thanks

maybe I can come to you and use your SX, so I can mix and burn my songs to a CD...I'll pay for the time in your studio...I live in NY, but I'm willing to travel...

Hope you sort out your issue but it sounds like you already have the required disks several times but the all don't work. Leads me to believe the problem is not the boot disks but something with the console itself. Prior to you purchasing this replacement SX-1, many of us gave you options to move forward whcih included the cons in sticking with old and obsolete hardware. Sounds like the worst case scenario we said unfortunately happened. As I have suggested to you in the past, I suggest moving to a more modern and supported platform if you want to spend more time recording music and less time troubling-shooting obsolete hardware that is unreliable and difficult to maintain. Just my opinion.

Also, are calling Tascam outside business hours and leaving a voice message instead? Every time I've called Tascam during business hours (which is regularly), I've spoken to someone 100% of the time. Quite puzzling!

when I insert the SX-1 LE discs, a message comes up that says, that the
"Installer is not compatible with this system", so I indeed need the SX-1 disc...also, I received an email from Tascam stating that they are experiencing "extraordinary volume" and that they would get back to me in 5-7 business days...that was 13 business days ago...and yes, I called them during business hours...
the options you gave me before I purchased this SX were not viable and no one was actually sure what would work...that's the reason I had to purchase another SX and probably will have to again...
no disrespect intended here, but I would really prefer someone who actually owns or has owned an SX-1 to respond to me...

hey RedBus...I have the v1.51 and v1.52 discs for the full LE Plus and neither of them are working...the screen turns blue and sometimes even shows the 4 options, but it always freezes at that point...also, the only time the blue screen comes on is when I remove the hard drive...

Were those on good quality CDs? That kind of freeze sounds like the SX-1 being unable to read the CD properly. (could mean a bad CD drive as well).

the CD's came directly from Tascam...I ordered 2 of the v1.52 just in case...they worked on my other SX, so I would think they were good...I have a spare CD player from my old SX and I'll try swapping it out when I get home...

OK...I swapped the CD drive out and the same results: blue screen only...also, when I hold Delete during star-up, I used to be able to enter the Set Up with all the options, now, when I hold Delete, I only get the options to "Save and Exit" or "Exit Without Saving"...there's no other options available now...

darn Wolf I wish you lived in CA .

things to try by the way I saw this after I sent you that message . So this SX-1 cant read any CD ? As Red said the drive might be the issue I thought about your problem . I think the only burned disk I have ever got to read on mine was a Maxell cd-rw nothing else would boot . In fact CRW work best for all functions . Here is an Ideal send me the hard drive and ill put it in mine and ftp the files to a drive then burn them to disk . That's if you cant afford and machine and after reading this it might be your best bet . The sell the 2 you have and get a firewire interface like a Safire pro 40 to record with . It is true these boards are not your easy to learn or use but they are worth the time because they have a VERY fast process to record a project and master it too CD . There are alto of tricks to it and you really can come up with a great CD mastered you just have to work from the start to make things easy for the final master .

Anyway I am sure I will be hearing from you either way . I think I can help you with solutions or equipment.

also make sure your drive is set too slave mode with the jumpers on the back . if its on cable select that can cause issues too.

https://dev.tascam-parc.com/sx1/

username: iffwdm, password : firefly

I've downloaded from os cd & burned as instructed but the cd shows 2.25 MB & Nothing happens after I click any buttons on setup screen.
on windows I can open the iso image but when I open cd_image it says it's not valid.
please help!!!
I guess the cd_image file is corrupted.
need ur help badly

Dear RedBus plz help me out

I've downloaded from os cd & burned as instructed but the cd shows 2.25 MB & Nothing happens after I click any buttons on setup screen.
on windows I can open the iso image but when I open cd_image it says it's not valid.
please help!!!
I guess the cd_image file is corrupted.
need ur help badly

Dear RedBus plz help me out.
I use sx-1

Read the instructions carefully. The ISO file is not standard, you must use the application on that webpage to burn it.
There are 2 partitions on the CD, which is actually not possible in the ISO standard, but that application could do it. All other ISO burning software follows the spec and only burns the first partition.

Thanks for your reply.
but I tried exactly as instructed & used the burning soft on the site "burn at once" & still facing the issue.

I agree with CMAFFIA ... I recommend abandoning the SX-1, it's way too old ... I also have a standard model SX-1 which crapped out. I just installed a brand new duplicate HD, booted the machine from an original Tascam OS 1.50 CD and it still craps out after many start attempts. Fortunately I have a Pro Tools and Reason 10 rig. Most likely the SX-1 will be scrapped LOL :)

Did you ever get your SX plus working? I have one in perfect working order. I just cloned my hard drive to 3 seperate drives incase of failures. No os disc needed and it works great everytime

New threads

Members online