NEED HELP: stereo audio file after bounce

mike G1234

Gear owned
Tascam dp24
How do you ge the stereo audio file from the tascam dp 24 after the bounce to two panned mono tracks I use to do it with my Korg no problem. All I'm getting are confusing mono tracks from the export please help I am not pleased.

I figured out how to master down/ mix down however after the mix is way too low, even though the levels are great on the dp24. Around -2 DB, but you could barely hear it on the computer. What is going on

These 2 questions were duplicated on the Youtube tutorials, so have copied the replies here in case anyone is following this thread...

Re. stereo from bounced mono tracks
All files exported from the machine are in mono. A stereo track will create 2 files, one for left, one for right. When you bounce, you can choose to bounce to a single mono track, a single stereo track or 2 x mono tracks. The latter 2 methods are for stereo, but as mentioned, when you export either of these, you'll end up with a left file and a right file. To use them with a DAW, say, you can keep them as separate mono tracks in the DAW, but pan them left & right respectively (again within the DAW). They will then playback correctly in stereo. If you really want a stereo track in the DAW, it may have a function for converting 2 mono tracks to a stereo track, or it may have a bounce function similar to the dp machine so you could bounce them to a proper stereo track.

Re. master levels very low
You say it sounds ok after normalising, so do you mean it sounds quieter after copying it to a computer? If so, make sure you have turned off the mastering effects when you play the master file on the machine for previewing. As shown in the tutorial videos, the file is always passed through the mastering effects whether you are recording or playing back, so you may be hearing a doubled effect which makes you think it's loud, but the file itself has been mastered too quietly... and that's what you're hearing after transferring it to a computer. If I've misunderstood your problem, please add some more detail as to what steps you have performed, and where it seems to go wrong.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.