Need help with a US-4X4

David steines

Hi,

I have to fix a US-4X4....someone used a bad power supply with it and blew up two diodes right at the AC input. I can't find these on internet....no cross reference or schematic anywhere. Anyone knows how and where can I find these two diodes? Here are their PCB numbers with the part number written on each:

D47 (3548)
D59 (PJ4356BF)

Thanks!!

Time to get a service manual for it. It says it takes 12 Vdc input so why are there diodes?

Yeah I agree for the service manual....but where to get it? :/ ....I don't know what the diodes are for. I know some companies are using them as a protection in case someone uses a wrong polarity....but I don't know if it's the case with this unit...

Do you know if Tascam are selling their service manuals?

Well if the diode is hooked to the power in reverse then any large diode should do the job as all it is doing is conducting in a wrong connection. I would pick a 3A diode. Without a schematic and I have looked a few times now, it is hard to know what the diode(s) do. i would have to see the unit to determine what they are there for. No, I am not looking for more work as I have too much already.

New threads

Staff online

Members online