Neo to garageband

Coachouse

Gear owned
Tascam 2488neo
I am in the UK and I have had a 2488neo for some years but spent only little time with it, but now things are changing. It is great for recording into but I want to do more with the mixing etc. I tried Reaper a couple of years back but found it quite complex, and a recording mate has suggested Garageband as a good starting point for getting familiar with recording software. What gear do I need to get so I can move all the recorded tracks from neo to Mac for easier editing, fx and mixing? I would also like to do drum tracks on the Mac and bring those into the neo.

When I used Reaper, I could transfer the tracks of a song to the pc through a USB cable but couldn't save them in Reaper and had to rename them and transfer back to the neo. I was probably doing something wrong but the whole process was very laborious. I am not on a budget and eventually will upgrade to a better mixer with motorised faders because re-setting all the faders each time I work on a different song is a bore.

My knowledge of recording processes is, you may have guessed is limited so can we stick with the basics please.

Waiting to hear, thanks,

New threads

Staff online

Members online