New DP-24 Owner, Can't Hear Internal Effects

steelgtr

Gear owned
DP-24
Hi Guys,

Watched Phils tutorial, am playing back a song I imported and can't hear any effects; effect is on, send 1 is on and up, master send 1 is up. Can existing tracks have effects added?

thx

bob

On already-recorded tracks.... you can either *insert* the guitar effects or you can route them to the "send" effects (or both) - the latter sounds like what your wanting to do.

Check these things first if you're not hearing the send effect:

1) Make sure you're set to either "pre" or "post" when turning on the Send 1 routing switch in the *Track* mixer screen for the track your wanting to add the affects to. For these purposes I suggest going with "post".

2) Max out the send 1 master level (this level setting is global across all tracks)

3) Max out or nearly max out the Send 1 level control - it really needs to be up around 80-90 or higher before you can obviously hear it

4) Make sure the effect is turned on by going into the effect screen, turning the effect "on" (setting parameters become colored), and **all important**: make sure the send effect "Return" level is turned up. Turn it up high at first. Once you can hear the effect - these different level setting can be adjusted to your taste, liking, preference, etc

Now you should have the effect applied to the track(s) of your choosing.

Keep in mind that the effect will not be printed. You'll only hear it applied to the stereo bus for playback. Printing the effect to the track is a whole other ball of wax.

Last edited:
Bob, just to amplify what David said above, make sure that you press the select button on the track where you want to add the effect to. I can't tell you how many times I've been at the Mixer screen, adjusting the send level for the wrong track because I did not push the select button on the track I wanted.

Bob, great! We've all done that, lol. Glad you're back in business.

Thanks, quick question; Once I got the effects working when I monitored send 1 it was non effected but monitor stereo had the total mix, effects and dry?

bob

Reactions: -mjk-
The FX returns to the stereo bus, yes. So you'll hear it added to the mix. Monitoring the Sends is just for making sure you are actually sending what you need. You will only hear that send, but not the return.

So I do get an external effects signal applied to my gear from the DP24 but when I record, the tracks dont seem to capture the effects, just the inputs, is it something to do with the green pre and post settings?

...external effects signal applied to my gear from the DP24 but when I record, the tracks dont seem to capture the effects...
What David said above; also suggest studying the Block Diagram in the owner manual and watching Phil's several videos that describe signal flow within the DP-24/32.

From what you've written it appears this is what you're describing for signal flow.
"signal from DP-24".."to external effect".."to gear"..."effect not captured when recording"
DP-24 Track 1->DP-24 Track 1 Send 2 ->gear->DP-24 Input B->DP-24 Track 2 Record

If so, the returning dry and wet signal should print when you record on Track 2.

If that's not your signal flow, you'll need to be more specific and state clearly what you're trying to do.

Last edited:
So I do get an external effects signal applied to my gear from the DP24 but when I record, the tracks dont seem to capture the effects, just the inputs, is it something to do with the green pre and post settings?

Short answer is, you have to assign the FX return inputs to tracks, and arm the tracks for record.

Reactions: Mark Richards
Something else to keep in mind:
When applying the DP-xx internal effects, by design,

* Input Dynamics Effects print when tracking and bouncing.

* Input & Track Guitar Effects print when tracking, bouncing and mixing (depending on Rec/Play setting).

* Input & Track Chorus/Reverb/Delay Effects print when bouncing

* Track Chorus/Reverb/Delay Effects print when mixing.

Last edited:

New threads

Staff online

Members online