New DP24SD - comes with micro SD

Philster

Gear owned
dp24sd
Hi Folks
New member here and also new owner of a DP24SD. I was surprised when I ejected the SD card that came with the machine (bought new from Andertons) to find that it was a Micro SD in a converter. I have read comments on this forum to not use micro SD cards so was somewhat peeved to find this. Is this correct? It does contain the demo song on it.
Thanks in advance,
Phil

Reactions: -mjk-
Hmmmm. Can you tell what type of micro SD card it is?
Brand
Series/Model
Capacity
Speed
Class

So far there are no TASCAM approved micro SD cards (scroll down the screen):
https://tascam.com/us/product/dp-24sd/spec

I've never used the SD card that came with my DP-24. I bought the SD card I wanted, and set aside the one that came with the unit.

Last edited:
Gents, have attached a photo - serial is difficult to read, have attached a pic of that.
I haven't used the card much. just to have a quick play when I got it. Now replaced with the recommended 32gig Sandisk.

Attachments

• sd1.jpg
    sd1.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 15
  • sd2.jpg
    sd2.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 15
Mine came with a 4GB class 10 micro card. It passed the 'stress tester' ok. Have had no fails so far, although it's only used for misc experiments so no really complex projects - I too bought a larger card as soon at the machine arrived.
740.JPG 741.JPG
Oops - must have posted at the same time as Philster... the cards look very similar :)

Personally, I believe that specs are specs, and that the form factor doesn't matter.

What does matter is that an adapter creates another set of contacts that can go bad. OTOH, one may be able to leave the adapter in the machine and just remove the card, reducing the number of mating cycles on the machine's SD card slot (I'm speculating - I've never tried it).

My DP-32sd came with a 4GB class 10 micro SD too. Good point mjk about leaving the adapter in the machine and just removing the card. I was tempted to order some Sandisk Extreme Pro micro cards but it seems best to stick to the full size version?

@Findlay it's all about risk management. I went for the sure thing rather than the unknown. I did say that I believe it doesn't matter, however I'm not willing to take this particular risk because at this point in time, there is no benefit. If the full size cards become unavailable, then that is a different story.

Btw, there are SD card extenders that will eliminate the wear on the machine's card reader. You leave the connector/cable plugged in, and insert/remove the card from the connector slot at the end of the cable.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.