New Problems Using US200 with High Sierra

yum.yab

I have successfully been using Nevirtus' work around from the following thread to use my Tascam us200 interface with my macbook pro for years.
http://www.tascamforums.com/threads/us-200-not-working-with-macos-sierra.4265/
Each time the process worked first time and everything was fine. I have done a few clean installs of my OS in this time and each time I was able to get the Tascam working again.
This time however, it will not work. I dont get anything inside Ableton, it doesnt see the Tascam at all. If I open the Tascam Control Panel app it just says "none found" next to device.

When following Nevirtus's instructions in the Terminal, when I try to load the new kext with

sudo kextload /Library/Extensions/TASCAM_US1641.kext

I get the error
/Library/Extensions/TASCAM_US200.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) system policy prevents loading; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).

Does anybody know how to get around this or what I am doing wrong? Anybody a whizz with the Terminal and able to give me a hint of what could be the problem?
I dont know if its an OS update that has done this. I am using the same Macbook Pro and version of Ableton and have been using High Sierra for a few years and having this work with the Tascam.

Thanks in advance for any help!

/Library/Extensions/TASCAM_US200.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) system policy prevents loading; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).

That is the answer. It says your system policy is preventing the kext from loading. Then it says to check the logs or try the utility. That utility is specifically designed to load kernel extensions and troubleshoot them.

Yes, but my problem is I am not savvy in the terminal. I dont know how to use kextutil or what I would have to do with the kext even if I could get it to load in terminal. Its all beyond me, which is why Im asking if anyone can help me.

For anyone having the same problem, I solved it by disabling System Integrity Protection.

Boot into recovery mode (restart then hold cmd + R), open terminal and type csrutil disable. Reboot, try to load the kext again and it should work.
Dont forget to repeat the steps and this time enter csrutil enable to reenable your SIP.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.