New Tascam DP-008ex Beginner Questions

niceties55

Gear owned
Tascam DP-008ex
I just got this neat little mixer / recorder unit and I had a couple questions about it.

1. Is there a way to have a count in when beginning a recording (for example in a 4/4 time song, beat 4 beats or one measure of blank then start recording).

2. (this goes along with the first question) When recording a track and I make a mistake is it possible to have the unit play a full measure before and then come in recording at the spot I would like to punch in?

Thanks for your help!

I'm not sure about getting the audible lead in count, you could use the metronome function and then use the auto punch-in to get the same effect I suppose, but that means you'd have the metronome clicking away after you've started playing as well. It won't be recorded, but some people don't like playing with it.

You can set automatic in/out points very easily.

This thread is a few months old so I'd guess you've figured it out already, but just in case anyone else is wondering;

hit the [In/Out] button to open the punch menu.

Use the function buttons to set your start and end points.

After getting these points, hit (record) and [In/Out] simultaneously to put it into auto.

Now you can scroll back to where you want to Start playback, and recording will start automatically at the times you've chosen.

I definitely suggest skimming through the user manual for any new gadget. Here's a PDF:

http://static.bhphotovideo.com/lit_files/90179.pdf

With all the menus and sub-menus on board, a quick read through can solve most questions and also show you features you didn't even know you wanted. Hope this helped.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.