New to the DP32SD... plz... don't be rude ;-): Faders vs Channels

Guttalaser

Gear owned
ipad/iphone mic.
Ok, the beast is in.
Maybe like many other, the first thing was to listen the demo song moving some faders here and there...
And... ok... i have 20 physical faders and 32 tracks.
Say that all the 9 to 32 tracks are recorded MONO
How can I move the fader "9/10 " (physically the fader #9) and rise the volume only for the track 10 (not the 9)?
Same for 11/12 and so on.
I was seeking for a button for that, but i can't find it!
PLZ help... what i'm not understanding about that?
TNX

Stereo tracks can be configured as MONO, you get that, right? But ... when you do that you lose a track ... i.e., the L/R tracks do NOT become two mono tracks, just one, the even numbered track is skipped. See page 33 of your manual.

If you are recording from a mono source, you can still record to stereo channel if you want, but again, the single fader controls the volume of L/R tracks together. (And FX, EQ, etc affect both L/R tracks as one).

Reactions: Guttalaser
Tnx Rusty got it!!!
So the "32 channels" is just a bit inflated...
You have 20 channels total: 8 mono and 12 mono OR stereo!
So the 20 physical faders are matching 20 real channels at all.
Correct?

Functionally, that's correct, and you could look at it that way, I suppose. But ... stereo L/R are in fact "tracks". Most mixers are specified this way, too ... and even tape stereo in/out will sometimes be spec'd as "channels". It gets confusing I know.

Yep... is a lessical mismatch... i.e. in a DAW you add 1 track that is mono or stereo... but is 1 anyway and is controlled by 1 mono or stereo channel in the virtual mixer

New threads

Members online

No members online now.