New to this forum

Bill Dodge

From
Arkansas
Gear owned
DP-32SD
Hello all, I am an old (66) guitar player and song writer from the age of the dinosaurs (analog) that has just purchased a DP-32SD. I am looking to add a CD player and recorder to my set-up and am looking at a RW-900MK11. Any comments from you vets would be appreciated as I enter the digital world. I have purchased a Zoom G3XN effects pedal because I read on this forum that it interfaced well with the Portastudio. I also would like to add voice harmony effects and would appreciate any tips on that as well. I am presently reading all the info I can from Phil Tipping and am grateful for his posts and videos. Happy recording and songwriting to all.
Respectfully,
Bill

Welcome Bill.

I have and still occasionally use a couple of stand alone CD burners - including the earlier version Tascam CD RW-900 . Just keep in mind that you absolutely have the option of skipping the stand alone CD burner purchase if you already own *any* computer that has a cd burner - because you can create a .wav master file (with or without the application of mastering effects) with the DP-32SD and then move that to a computer and burn your track to disc there. But, the stand alone burner works just as well and would allow you to burn from two different mix options as explained in Tipping Tutorials 9 & 10.

Enjoy your new recorder. They're great machines.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bill Dodge
Thanks David. I can't wait to get back to the states and check it out. It's been forty years since I was last in a recording studio (as a musician and not as a recording engineer) so I have a lot of ground to make up.

Hi Bill. There are a number of good voice harmonizers available. After researching several at my price point I chose the TC-Helicon Voicetone Harmony G-XT. It's an A/C powered stomp box designed for live performance by a solo singer/guitarist.

Used judiciously, it can create very credible voice harmonies on the fly, in stereo, and has given me excellent results used with my DP-24.
Discussed here:
http://www.tascamforums.com/threads/multi-effects-recommendation.5233/#post-25817
and here:
http://www.tascamforums.com/threads/how-i-use-my-dp-long-maybe-boring.5216/#post-25866

Last edited:
Hello Bill. Another popular vocal harmony generator is made by Boss. Unlike the TC Helicon vocal harmonizer design, the Boss version has a "pass through" connection for guitar, which reportedly makes for more precise recognition of the key being played, though I do not speak from personal experience, having only just taken delivery of the Boss unit linked below.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/VE2--boss-ve-2-portable-vocal-processor

.Strat Brat, the TC-Helicon Voicetone Harmony G-XT has the guitar pass-through. I can send the direct guitar input signal to the G-XT for harmony control and to the DP-24 for simultaneous recording with effects, etc.

Last edited:
Ah I see. I may have been thinking about a different TC Helicon harmonizer model. Thanks for the clarification Mark.

Reactions: Mark Richards

New threads

Members online

No members online now.