Newbie can't turn off reverb DP32sd

Reactions: Mark Richards
You know I try to build things to be so reliable that I can concentrate on making music---NOT futzing around with electronics.
Kind of like Alice in Wonderland when the words don't just lay there on the page---they get up and start dancing around and playing the kazoo.
Insane.
When tubes were ALL we had in the 50s and early 60s I always expected to NOT be able to assume things would work two days in a row.
Then transistors came along with total (?) reliability and spoiled me.
THEN we went to computers and I was right back in the soup.
Oh well.
I TRY to be able to trust stuff even now by going over things with a fine tooth comb
But SOMETIMES computers are as weird as it gets.
Thank you guys for standing beside me when the going got rough.
I thing Bob Dylan said that.
Thanks again guys.

Reactions: -mjk-
And for what it's worth the reason I bought this machine (DP32sd) is because it has knobs---not software.
I am hoping this lack of computer weirdness means more time making songs and less time getting lost in rabbit holes of computer complexity.
I don't mind having to learn the board---that should just take logic and patience.
It is GREAT to finally BE here.
And it appears this machine is FINE.
The problem is the loose nut that is operating it.
Ah. Finally I can hear my signal clean as a whistle.
Yeah. Go Tascam!

Reactions: -mjk-
@DoctorFine the important thing is, now you can get to work.

I use the DP-32 for speed. I can lay tracks for an entire song in a day, with proper planning. And the fact that the editing is limited (in comparison to a DAW), I don't spend time polishing a turd performance - I hit record and do it again. With an approved SD card, the machine is as reliable as any 2" tape machine I've ever used (and actually more reliable than the 3M M-79, lol). I don't mix in the DP-32 (I'll do an update on that in my SOP thread later). I love the fact that with a couple buttons, I can capture a new idea right away.

You're going to enjoy using that machine.

Last edited:

New threads

Members online