No any Problem ! Just probably need a upgrade of the audio interface

Hristian

Gear owned
US 122mkII
Hello,

I am just home user, musician. From 2012 I use Tascam US-122 mk II. which is model 2009 and it still works. No any problems and issues - only that it is probably already too old and any new will have better performance.

I mainly play on guitar using guitar plugins as Neural DSP , VST-s for drums, bass and other instruments and DAW Cubase. Would say that the sound is good for so old interface. The only problem that I ever had is hiss noise in the studio monitors coming from my PC video card - unbalanced RCA outputs. I solved the problem with one Behringer HD400 device (hum destroyer).

What you think - do I need a new device made 10 - 12 years later. Probably DAC and ADC will be better , line/guitar and mic preamps will be better and there also will be balanced outputs for the studio monitors. (in US 122 mkII they are RCA unbalanced) For example : Tascam US-2x2HR

The US-2x2HR is the best sounding 'US' interface so far. You cannot go wrong with that one, and it basically has the exact same I/Os and controls as the old US-122MKII.

Reactions: Hristian
Thank you for the answer! I see the I/O and the controls - US-2x2HR is even better !
I only hope any difference in ACD (analog to digital ) and DAC (digital to analog) convertors and better preamps in it - it is 10-12 years of technical evolution :)

Yes, basically all relevant specs are better. The preamps are only marginally more powerful (56 db gain), but they are a lot more quiet and 'pro/studio' sounding. The AD/DA converters work up to 192 kHz and never sound 'cold' or crispy digital. The headphone amp is very good too, and the overall sound is natural, musical and precise. Another plus is the driver.. this time Tascam actually managed to develop a proper one (I'm running Windows 10) that has never given me any grief (knock on wood..). I don't think there is anything better out there for the price.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.