No approved SCSI burner so how to get my mix somewhere?

8trx

Gear owned
I have a SCSI plextor CD burner that I got used with my tascam 788. Back in 2001 I bought a brand new 788 and 788 burner. Unfortunately I had sold both regretfully.

So now I have a used version 2.02 tascam 788 and a plextor SCSI burner.

1. I want to mix down songs on the 788 (I believe it was called (pre-master?). I then want that 2 track bounce transferred /recorded to a cd. Since I have no approved CD burner can I send that premaster (bounced stereo track) to either the analog or to a non approved plextor CD burner ?. I read somewhere here that you can send it real time BUT does that mean I can NOT send a bounced (premaster) ???Exactly what type of spdif connection is on the back of the 788?? It seems there are two formats of S/PDIF - optical and coaxial, using different connectors and cables. I have no idea what cable to even search for. Any help here appreciated. At this point I just want to get either an analog mix via rca cables /spdif or the SCSI plextor if it works. I am pretty much out of luck about back ups or restore without tascams approved burner. I would like to transfer a bounced version of a song to another recorder. But how? I guess I'm asking if worse comes to worse can I record via the rca outs my premastered bounce of a song?

You might be able to help me. I simply want to get a track off my 788. Do not own approved scsi burner, and trying to transfer track via auxiliary cable to Audacity, results very hissy. Do I need to track down one of these relics in order to get a high quality audio export?

Only way I know is a SCSI device. The one I have could be compatable but unfortunately the tray is broken so I can't even try it. I'm thinking spdif out to some kind of spdif recorder....still no answer if the spdif out takes a stereo bounce after bouncing (premastering)??????

Maybe it will record spdif realtime mix? If so that'll do ...Anyone know? If spdif out will send a bounced mix to a spdif in recorder???

You might be able to help me. I simply want to get a track off my 788. Do not own approved scsi burner, and trying to transfer track via auxiliary cable to Audacity, results very hissy. Do I need to track down one of these relics in order to get a high quality audio export?
Try the spdif out to another spdif in device ...it should send 2 tracks out at a time

I used to used the SP/DIF out to an in on my PC (into Audacity) - worked a treat. I don't think you even need to go as far as recording the Pre Mix as it will take a stereo signal - same as you would record the Pre Mix
I still do this with my 2488 Neo - take the SP/DIF out signal
On the 788 you can save a few scenes of your mix and then send out different mixes to a PC and compare...

Zeek

All I need to figure out ia spdif in. Currently running an old mac no spdif connection. I do have an old digi-001 with spdif in...hope it works and without premastering I can still use all the 788 effects??

New threads

Members online