No demo song

CJam

Gear owned
DP-24SD
I'm buying a unit without the SD card. Can I download the demo from somewhere and copy it to a new SD card?

Like most of us, I deleted the demo song as well. Thanks Phil for making it available for download. Now, I would like to use 8 of the DP32 demo tracks to use as a demo for my DP008 as I am selling it and yes, I deleted that demo as well. Anyone have any thoughts as to which 8 of the 32 tracks I could import to the dp008 and sound acceptable.

Hi all. I see that there is some chatter here about demo songs. I need the Demo Song for the Tascam 2488Mk11

May I please ask if there is a chance that someone has a copy of the Demo Song for the Tascam 2488Mk11, or a link to where I can get it. I have tried so hard to find it, having bought the unit with it missing. ( a number of links i.e. Tascam and others don’t have it) It will be so good to hear an example of what can be achieved. As this demo is shipped with the unit it would be lovely to have it back. (THIS IS NOW SOLVED)
————————————————————————

AMENDMENT:

I would like to thank the members below for their help with the Demo song issue. This has now been solved - I appreciate the time and kindness of these members.

Rara

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark Richards
RaraBlues, I've exported as WAV files and zipped the 24 tracks comprising the DP-24 demo song. You should be able to import to your 2488MK II. Clicking on the "Download" button on the Dropbox page should get the zip file onto your computer. :)

All tracks (1~24) are 16/44.1 mono; but 13~24 were recorded as L&R stereo pairs (e.g. 13 & 14, etc).

Firmware updates are usually model specific.

Last edited:
Hello Mark. Thank you so much for your time and effort. I appreciate your kindness.

Just one point - with this demo being for the DP24, do I simply import the folder contents into the wave folder, or the folder itself?

As for the firmware point - I concur in thinking that the file might be model specific. I pondered only inasmuch that the models have subtle differences, so reasoned that the firmware might only be addressing the core structure - of which would be the same on both models. I will have to search on Tascam to see if the MK11 one is there.

Thank you again for your kindness.

Rara.

Happy to help.

You need to create a new song on the 2488 and import the individual standard WAV files to that song after extracting them from the zip file. I've not owned a 2488, so can't add anything beyond that.

Last edited:
On the 2488MKII, you have to do either:
1) Copy the WAV files to a CD and then do a CD import of the WAV files.
-- OR --
2) Connect the 2488MKII to a computer, copy the WAV files to the FAT partition of the 2488MKII hard drive and then do a USB import.

Then you will need to create a new song that is set to 16-bit. Mono tracks import separately from stereo tracks (two different menu choices in the 2488MKI menu system.

The importing of the tracks individual WAV file will to copy the files from the FAT partition to the song and assign each of the WAV files to a track in your new song.

Hi Tom. Thank you for the great info.

You will be pleased to know that the song issue is now solved. I have amended my inquiry above to reflect this.

Rara.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom Boyles

New threads

Staff online

Members online