No one using the 2488 anymore?

I have a 2488, seldom used it since almost purschaed. I like it & bought a dp24, which I am still iffy on. I like the unit even though it is now considered old. Where are your tutorials?

Hi Steve-o,
nice to hear!
Well I modded my 2488 a little bit!
- I put it up with rubber feet at the back
- build in a LED stripe for the fader
- I removed the CD burner and the HDD inside and put them external in a caddy like the Tascam SX1
- changed the backlight of the LCD
- made some tutorials about changing the song name, working with the EQ, working with copy and paste for looping a song and I'm working at the moment on other tuts.

That's great, so you still like it? Not sure if it was worth me buying the dp24, I am not into all this stuff like I used to be. Have pics of your board?.

Hey Steve,
yes I like the machine! It has everything I need. Songs with "real" instruments and vocals I record on this machine. Other stuff like soundtracks or remixes I use Cubase.
Have a look:

I have one, I just picked it up but I’m having a ton of problems with it. I’m excited to see the tutorials you guys made

People should be buying and using the 2488's if they want a really powerful portable studio. As I have noted in my comparison between the Neo and dp-24, the Neo is much more powerful in many ways. It lacks a few features of the dp-24 but has many that Tascam cost-reduced out of the dp series. It's unfortunate to see the latest "sd" versions losing the critical digital I/O and MIDI features. I wouldn't own one.

Here is my list of feature differences.

http://www.tascamforums.com/threads/comparing-the-2488-neo-and-the-dp24-non-sd.5469/

New threads

Members online

No members online now.