No Signal From Saffire Pro 40 into DM-4800

Jonne B Goode

Gear owned
DM-4800
When I try running microphone signals through my Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 into the DM-4800, using ADAT, nothing seems to be hitting the board.

I believe it is all hooked up properly, and ROUTING is set right, but no signal showing.

Help.

Thank you.

This is not enough information to troubleshoot IMO. HOW is the Saffire hooked up to and routed into the board?

This is not enough information to troubleshoot IMO. HOW is the Saffire hooked up to and routed into the board?

Thank you for your reply, Arjan.
Sorry, if I didn't provide enough information.
I had a microphone plugged into inputs 1, 3 and 6 into the Saffire Pro 40, set at normal levels.
The Saffire Pro 40 ADAT Out was connected to the ADAT In on the DM-4800.
Routing input was set at M/L 1 through 8, into Channel 1 through 8.
Hopefully, this gives you enough info.
Thanks, again.

"Routing input was set a M/L1 through 8, into Channel 1 through 8..."

Change that to: ADAT 1-8 into Channels 1-8. Make sure those DM channels are assigned to the STereo Bus.

CaptDan

"Routing input was set a M/L1 through 8, into Channel 1 through 8..."

Change that to: ADAT 1-8 into Channels 1-8. Make sure those DM channels are assigned to the STereo Bus.

CaptDan

Awwh... my bad. You are absolutely correct. I, in fact, DID have Channel 1-8 set for ADAT 1 - 8 input.
I misspoke. I had it set for M/L 1 - 8, when I had mics plugged directly into the DM. I just tried it again, but could not get the mics to show up when plugged into the Pro 40, then ADAT cable to DM, ADAT 1-8, on channel 1-8.
Thank you for your replay.

Did you check the second suggestion: make sure you've assigned those channels to the STereo Buss? I forget where it's located on the 4800, but it should be in the 'Bus Assign' group. Light it up for all your ADAT inputs.

CaptDan

New threads

Members online

No members online now.