Odd tracking glitch in Cubase

goodflow

From
NC USA
Website
www.silver-machine.net
Gear owned
DM-4800, DM-3200, US-1800
I've skimmed the Steinberg forums and not found anybody with the same odd glitch, so I thought I'd check in here. I've been experiencing an odd glitch irregularly over the last year or so wherein Cubase experiences a momentary CPU spike, after which all the audio that is being recorded gets printed approximately 100-150ms late in the DAW. This behavior persists until I restart Cubase, at which point everything goes back to normal (but the aforementioned audio is still late until I fix it manually). This doesn't happen very regularly, but one of the most common factors I've noticed is that it mostly happens in projects in which I am using a software instrument. The most recent occurrence Cubase popped up the warning about audio-dropouts before the behavior kicked in, though the IFFWDM control panel did not register any audio dropouts. This happens infrequently enough that I'm not super stressed about it (especially as I monitor tracking through the DM rather than the DAW and it's an easy fix), but if anybody has any insight I'd love to hear it. Thanks!

*edit to add- this behavior is on my 8x Xeon Mac Pro/DM-4800, which is my primary machine, and does not occur on either of my other 2 recording setups.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.