Old newbie

mountainrocker

Well here goes nothing....
Hi everyone in Tascam land. I hope this is where this should be posted, this is my virgin forum experience.
I’ll tell you what got me here. I owned my first Tascam back a long long time ago... 4 tracks, tape, VU meters.
Wore it out, I became obssessed with audio recording. In short things changed, I put it aside and only glanced back every now and again.
Fast forward and I find myself making music I care strongly about again, and with the recording bug biting hard! I found myself watching Mr. Tipping’s incredible tutorials on the dp 24/32 sd and feeling right at home. I even have an old bud who will loan me his 24, with the option to buy.
All great but here’s the thing, to say that I am intimidated by new technology in this field is an understatement. I feel good about the recording process, especially using an actual board. It’getting the info onto a computer that stops me in my tracks.
All I want to do is listen to my music on the go, and share with a few others....... any tips, lessons, videos to share or anything will be greatly appeciated. ...... I have an older hp laptop, an ipad air, and a samsung s9plus. Thanks for taking the time to read this, Mark.

Mountainrocker , after extensive research I decided to get the Tascam DP 24 SD to simplify my music making process. Of all the currently available multitrack recorders I feel it has the easiest user interface. And Phil Tippings extensive 12 video tutorial series is the best way to learn all the ins and outs of the device. It can be a stand alone unit for music production if you want to keep things simple. I happen to love using the Studio One DAW so that might be a secondary option for me. But its not really necessary for many home studio projects. I personally would immediately take your friend up on his offer to use/purchase his DP 24 if its in good working shape.

BTW, Phil also is selling a wonderful PDF that approaches the DP 24 from a users perspective (how to do many different tasks) as opposed to his great video series which has more signal flow and operations descriptions.

http://philizound.co.uk/freebies/dp24-32/dp24-32.html

Good luck!

Last edited:
mountainrocker, the really great thing about the digital portastudios is that they use SD cards. properly power the unit down, and you can remove the card and copy it to your PC like you would with photos from your camera. you don't even have to use the USB connection.

Mjk, I am glad to have this option. It kills me but I just fell behind on this technology. At least my ears, miking skills, and playing stayed sharp :)

That's all that matters! Keep rocking!

New threads

Members online

No members online now.