Oscillation with RC2424

Rick Ruskin

Gear owned
MX2424, 2600-32
When in record ready mode the oscillation beats in time with the blinking status lights. When recording, it's steady. The more channels placed in record, the louder it all gets. It doesn't seem to print but it is really annoying. Is this normal?

You did not reply to my questions when you posted on homerecording.com

Is the remote power supply the original or after market? The was also a earthing problem on some early remotes, but this does not seem to be the problem they had, I have had problems with noise due to an earth loop between my external drive tower and the mx with drive noise in the audio out, but again it seems a different problem.

Try connecting a wire between the mx chassis and the mx remote case and see if the noise changes.

Is the remote cable the original cable?

Cheers
Alan

The remote cable is original but I'm not sure about the power supply. The unit is currently offline waiting for new capacitors for the analog out board. All of which are bad for the 1st 8 channels. I probably won't have it back for another week or 2.

Mine does not have the original power supply but I ask because it may or may not need a regulated power supply? It could also be something to do with the earthing on the power supply?

So it was a problem with the caps and someone turning on phantom power by the sound of it.

Alan.

Having bought it used, I have no idea what it was subjected to. It worked fine until 6 of the 1st 8 channels went out. I was using it with the remaining 18 until last week. I rccently picked up a RADAR 24 so the MX24 will become my backup machine when it returns.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.