Overdubbing

Eikinskjalde

Gear owned
DP-24
I only use my DP-24 to record tracks which I then mix in my DAW at home.
If I have a drum backing track and record a guitar to that track but find one part, let's say that that part is at 1:13 into the song, of that track deficient and want to overdub from 1:13, can I in some way have the overdubbed track to synchronize with the song when I mix it in my DAW afterwards without being compelled to time it by editing? The approach I've taken, which I'm not settled with, is when adding solos or overdubbing a part of one track is to record them in the portable studio and then try to get them in sync in my DAW. Since I'm having the portable studio in my rehearsal space and the editing computer at home it would be very convenient to have the tracks in time when adding them to the DAW.

Last edited:
When you overdub on the dp24, I presume you're monitoring the backing track while you're re-recording the new piece onto a separate track. This is standard overdubbing and all tracks should be in sync when played back on the dp24, even though the new track only has a recorded part from 1:13 onwards.
When you 'export' that track, the new wave file created in AudioDepot will contain silence from 0:00 to 1:13, so when you copy it into your DAW, lining it up to time zero along with the previous tracks will ensure they're still in sync.
This is a classic example of why you must use the Export function and not simply copy the ZZ files from the song folder... the ZZ file corresponding to the new recording will not start at time zero.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.