Parts Source ? - And, NEW Gear Day - TASCAM DM-3200

AshokanKid

From
Lower Hudson Valley New York State
Gear owned
DM-3200 Digital Mixer
Looks like I'm going to need a few of those touch sensitive fader caps for my NEW (to me) TASCAM DM-3200 mixer.

This little beauty JUST arrived (had to go pick it up) after me making a very hasty late night purchase last week that seemed like a real no-brainer.
Was browsing on The Big Box Guitar Gear Store Site (not to mention any specific names) and saw this DM-3200 listed as a "Control Surface". Hmmm.....

Came all the way to upstate New York (via my local store in Danbury Ct) from TEXAS.
Now, am I crazy, or did I just STEAL this thing?
Needs a few of those fader caps, some delicate un-bending of a few off kilter fader shafts, and the obligatory tape gunk cleaned off (Ronsonol lighter fluid cleans ANY sticky gunk, or even olive oil works in a pinch), but seems to boot up OK and after a few twiddles of the LCD screen contrast knob, the vertical lines are all but gone. NO other tests performed . . . as of yet!

Total cost for the mixer, including shipping & sales tax, PLUS the meter bridge AND also discovered (OMG) an already installed FW card . . . was about a grand in US $$$ !

OK, so I'll be giddy for a few hours (days? weeks? months?), but does anyone know of a source for the fader caps?
Already checked the likely suspects of eBay, etc., but am guessing that touch sensitive may need to be somewhat special?

And here she is, all aglow;

Tascam_DM-3200_Mixer_001.jpg

Tascam_DM-3200_Mixer_002.jpg

Tascam_DM-3200_Mixer_001.jpg

Tascam_DM-3200_Mixer_002.jpg

I am one very HAPPY old '60's audio techie camper here!

Last edited:
Reactions: Peter Batah
Congratulations

Reactions: AshokanKid
I don't think there's anything special about fader caps (presuming you mean the rectangular knobs that you touch to move the faders up and down). They need to be metal, but that's it. It's the capacitance of your body that the mixer senses when you touch the caps. That's why plastic doesn't work.

As for a source, Tascam is always one entity you should try to contact. Perhaps Mouser might also have them. They certainly offer a huge selection of knobs; perhaps fader caps are included.

Reactions: AshokanKid
Wish that I could find the "all over eBay", because it seems that I only see one listing (today, anyway).
And, they want $23 bucks for ONE fader cap.
Goodness gracious . . . .
I had seen some for $6 bucks (missed grabbing those), which is OK, but $23.00 each?!?!
I'll find something else. Perhaps customize / source another cap and then just change all of mine so that they match.
One little issue is that the fader flange, the part that sticks out above the mixer surface is tiny. with not much to grab onto. The original caps get loose very easily.
I'll find something, and meanwhile mixer still works fine.
Crazy.

New threads

Staff online

Members online