Playback problem with 16x08 and cubase

Tom Noppen

Gear owned
tascam us16x08
Hi everyone

Recently I bought a Tascam us16x08 because my old 1641 didn't work anymore...
Pleased as a little boy I opened my package and installed the drivers etcetera...

When I want to hear a recording of my band that I did earlier this month, I don't get any sound playing back.
When I connect a line6 UX1 from a friend, it works fluently...

Playing audio from my music collection with mediaplayer and running the 16x08 as soundcard, it works perfect.

Anyone got an idea?

Did you install the ASIO driver for the interface? Is it known to Cubase as the preferred audio interface (See VST Devices)? Also, make sure you have the inputs and outputs configured in VST Connections - and assign the recorded tracks to the outputs in the inspector.

You mean the asio driver from the driver package at the Tascam website?
Everything has been set up like I used to do with my us1641...

Yeah it should have come from Tascam - though in Cubase also the other driver type(s) should be assignable (WDM driver for instance). ASIO is preferred since it has much better latency. To get sound, any driver should be OK though. Check my other questions to that regard.

Ok, well I've got a similar problem... I had my 16x08, installed it and set everything up and it worked perfectly with cubase 7.5, then at the beginning of may I upgraded to cubase 8, everything still worked perfectly, until this week...

I was editing/recording etc on Saturday as normal, but since Sunday, I haven't been able to get any sound at all out of it, it still works with system sounds etc, but nothing at all through cubase.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the unit and cubase as well as the usual changing the audio settings/vst connections/outputs etc. But still nothing. The only development I've had, is after some serious tweaking, I somehow got the faders to show the audio output levels whereas before this they were not showing anything...

Has anyone got any suggestions?

New threads

Members online

No members online now.