Playback / recording issue

Solan

Gear owned
DP24SD
I have a Tascam DP24SD and have some unusual problems I've never encountered before.

I'm recording a podcast with 4 mics / contributors, plus a laptop connected to record the audio of videos played online.

One of the mics' levels seems to go up and down quite dramatically at random. One minute I can barely hear the contributor, adjust the volume, and a few minutes later it's way too high, despite them speaking at the same volume.

The second issue I have is that when playing videos through the laptop, I can hear the audio from youtube videos perfectly, but when I try and play videos through any other website the audio sounds terrible, extremely crackly and any speech inaudible.

The third issue is that another mic seems to have a humming noise which isn't detectable during record, but when I listen to the files in the edit can be heard very faintly.

Anybody had these issues before? Any help with any of them would be greatly appreciated!

What control are you adjusting when you adjust the volume?

I'm using the track fader to adjust volume.

So the question is: is the level changing at the input? You're compensating with the volume of the monitor but what about the level being recorded? When this happens, please observe the results on the meters and update the post.

Reactions: dctdct

New threads

Members online