Power cord

Snaresquare

Gear owned
DP 32SD
Just received a used DP32SD and plugged it up and wont power up. Looking at the AC adapter number is TEAC PS-P1220E and plug is not polarized. Reading manual adapter should be GPE248-120200-Z .

This why unit won't power up?

Reactions: -mjk-
Did you HOLD that power button down for about 3 seconds until you see the small display screen boot up?

Reactions: -mjk-
Lasvideo's suggestion is likely your solution.
The US version of the DP-32SD manual identifies the adapter as
"AC adaptor (TEAC PS-P1220E)"

good to know adapter is correct. Hold in stand by/on button for more than three seconds and screen does not light up. Their is an authorized repair center in Jeffersonville, IN not far from me. Will take it over to check out. Maybe I just bought a broken unit. :(

Reactions: Lasvideo
Seriously. Is their a reset or power something or another I can check besides the adapter? Any help would be appreciated before I take over to the fix-it center.

What is the oblong hole on the back of the unit near the power insert that has an icon that looks like a padlock?

According to the owner manual, on the page that describes the various front and rear components (page 29 in my DP-24 manual), it's a "Kennsington lock attachment hole". Thus, the padlock symbol.;)

I used it to fashion a strain relief for the power cord.

Seriously. Is their a reset or power something or another I can check besides the adapter? Any help would be appreciated before I take over to the fix-it center.

I'd use a DMM and see if you get 12v out of the power supply connector before you pack it up.

Reactions: David Porter
Lasvideo's suggestion is likely your solution.
The US version of the DP-32SD manual identifies the adapter as
"AC adaptor (TEAC PS-P1220E)"

For completeness, the U.S. version of the manual lists the AC adaptor as TEAC PS-P1220E everywhere except the section Specifications->General, page 72, where the power supply is identified as GPE248-120200-Z

New threads

Members online

No members online now.