Powering DR60D mkII

Naliam

Gear owned
Tascam DR60mkII
I've read the manual and I didn't find how much Amp the unit need from an external USB.
I have problems with interferences with a boom mic, and I know is because phantom power is not enough.
When I connect the unit with usb to a PC it's record fine, but When I use PNY Battery Unit It didn't work all the time. The battery has 1 amp or 2.4 amp option, I dont want even try the 2.4 Amp without asking, I don't want to fry my new Tascam!
Can operate with normal AA batteries and backup with the BatteryPack?
Can operate at 2.4 amp?

You don't have to worry about supply amperage, as long as it equals or exceeds the demand of the device.

The USB protocol standards require a supply device to put a data-type signal on the two inner pins of the jack if it's limited to 1 amp. USB devices are supposed to limit their demand to 1 amp if they detect a signal on those two pins or pull up to 2 amps if there is no signal. If the device is capable of using 2 amps, it will recharge slower on 1 amp.

The Tascam 60D works fine with a 2 amp supply--I use it that way all the time.

Reactions: Kirk
Thx for the answer!
Tomorrow I have to record live speaking and I will use normal AA batteries + the usb power station as backup.

Using a USB power booster is the other way around. The power booster is the primary, the batteries are backup. When you plug in the booster, the recorder will ask you if you want to use it--you press the button for Yes. If you should use the booster up (which isn't likely), it will switch automatically back to batteries.

Reactions: Kirk

New threads

Members online

No members online now.