Pre-Amps, Mics and Acosutic guitar

day32

Gear owned
model 12
Hello,

I use the model12 and I'm Curious what your configuration is to record acoustic guitar and if you have any demos or songs I can listen to.

I play a lot of finger style and would like to purchase two mics in order to create a stereo pair configuration, do you find your Tascams Pre-amps are up to the job when recording or do you use a separate pre-amp?

thanks

@day32 Welcome to the Tascam Forums. This thread isn't really Model 12 specific so I moved it to the general recording forum.

With acoustic guitars, the room as a lot to do with it. I prefer condenser mics and I place them where the guitar sounds good to my ear. Generally, I place one down near the bridge and one up higher on the fretboard. Sometimes, I pull the mics back and use the room for some ambience. It all depends on the track. Certainly a stereo configuration can work and it can sound good if one side favors the lower register and the the other side, higher, as when recording acoustic piano. There is a lot of trial and error. As for the preamps, the test is in the hearing. I've not found the Tascam mic pres to be a limiting factor. They are clean and should get the job done.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.