Problem recording with US16x08

JD01

Gear owned
US 16x08
Hi I've recently got a US16x08 and I'm getting a problem recording with Reaper.

Note, I've previously used a Line6 UX2 and Foscusrite 2i2 both on this computer and an older one which was much worse with no problems - I'm not trying to do anything particularly clever!

Basically, when I record my recording ends up delayed, behind the beat, like I'm either a terrible player or having a severe latency issue. The redline below is the first beat of my song.

I'm actually direct monitoring and not DAW monitoring and I've played this a number of times to check, its not just me missing the beat!

My latency settings in Reaper say 6.8/15ms, but I don't think its to do with that anyway as the delay in my recording is much worse than that!

I've also attached my settings page just so you can see.

The mixer in the UX16x08 settings is set to True Bypass.

Any help would be great as this is driving me crazy now!

Attachments

• Behind the Beat.JPG
    Behind the Beat.JPG
    9.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Top Right.JPG
    Top Right.JPG
    11.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Recording preferences.JPG
    Recording preferences.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 2
Since posting the message above I had a quick check, my recording is generally about 200ms behind the beat, although this varies a bit.

I've since gone back and tried the Line6 UX2 and Focusrite 2i2 again, both of them work perfectly fine. Everything recording right as it should, on the beat... which is good, but I'm confused as to why I can't get the Tascam set up.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.