Problem using Tascam UH-7000 with Sonar 8.5

mtl777

Gear owned
UH-7000
I am trying to use my Tascam UH-7000 with Sonar 8.5 but am having the following issues:

1. I am unable to select 48 KHz sample rate and/or a bit depth of 24 bits for my Sonar project. I get this message from Sonar: "The default audio format is not compatible with one or more sound cards. It has been reset to 44100 Hz (16 bit), as suggested by the driver." So I am only able to set 44.1 KHz / 16 bits when using the Tascam UH-7000 with Sonar 8.5.

2. When I try to select ASIO as the driver mode for my project, I get a message from Sonar that the Tascam UH-7000 is not available for ASIO driver mode. I can only select WDM driver mode for the Tascam UH-7000.

Sonar 8.5 is able to see my Tascam UH-7000 but it is not allowing me to set my desired sample rate, bit depth, or driver mode.

Why is this happening? Is Sonar 8.5 not supported by the Tascam UH-7000? I read that Sonar X3 is supported and works fine with the Tascam UH-7000 but what about Sonar 8.5?

How do I fix this problem?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

That doesn't sound right. You should be using specific ASIO driver for hardware.
Have you confirmed you are using the latest driver? Have you reached out to Sonar for assistance? The ASIO driver should allow all software access to all sample rates. This sounds like a Sonar configuration issue. Could also be an OS issue. You didn't include your system specs in an auto signature.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.