Problem with Tascam Dr-05 & lavalier

wpin

Gear owned
Tascam Dr-05
I have a Tascam dr-05 and a lavalier microphone (FoneStar FCM-860). The problem is that when I try to record my voice just with the lavalier, the integrated microphone from the Tascam (the left one) is still working (both in Mono and Stereo options).

The lavalier works fine (with the "mic power" option "on"). But I want to put the Tascam in my pocket, in order to use only the lavalier, and if I do so: there are anoying sounds from the integrated left microphone of the Tascam. Or, if I want to record an interview with the lavalier to avoid background sounds, the integrated lef microphone will still be working, so it will be pointless to use the lavalier :(

Any solution to turn off for good the integrated microphones?

Thanks a lot!

More info: I've read the Manual all over again and it says several times that:

"If you connect an external microphone or external input to the MIC/EXT IN jack on the rear panel, the built-in microphone becomes inactive".

But they don't, the left one is still recording :( Is there any option in the MENU to disable them?

just a thought ... are you using a mono mini jack or a stereo mini jack to connect to the DR-05? Sounds like a mono jack to me. If so, assign left channel to track 2 and turn its input to zero. Then set your audio input to track 1 and record. HTH
Buzz

just a thought ... are you using a mono mini jack or a stereo mini jack to connect to the DR-05? Sounds like a mono jack to me. If so, assign left channel to track 2 and turn its input to zero. Then set your audio input to track 1 and record. HTH
Buzz

Reactions: wpin
Thanks for your answer Buzz.

Yes it's a mono mini jack, but I don't know how to do what you are suggesting, I think this is impossible in the dr-05, have search through the Menu and haven'f found any option about that.

Also I've tried with an old mic (stereo mini jack) and: with the "Mic power" ON, both internal mics are working (and of course the external mic, wich should be the only one working); and with the "Mic power" OFF, all the mics become inactive :(

Another try ... on page 44 of the manual is a menu item to select mono or stereo as the external source ... have you set to mono? Also, are you sure that you need DR-05 power for your mic ... it is only to be used for mics requiring phantom power ... try turning that option off to see if the problem gets fixed. HTH
Buzz

Yes, I've tried all of the combinations you are suggesting, but none of them have worked! :(

The page 44 of my Manual is about overdubbing. If you mean: Menu/Rec Settings/Type/ , I've tried both Stereo & Mono with the same results.

I am new to this forum and do not know how to start a new thread (please advise), however my problem seems to be related:

I tried to make my TASCAM DR-05 work with a Rode Lavalier lapel mike and LC3 adapter.

I plug the LC3 in at the top of the Tacam mic/ext in and connect the Rode Lavalier with the adapter

In rec settings I put mic power to 'on'

It switches the build-in Tascam mikes off (good)- but does not record any sound (input meters remain zero) - if I record I hear nothing.

I seem to remember it worked in the past.

Am doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help!

New threads

Members online

No members online now.