Problems installing US-16x08 Driver on Windows 7

skullkid2802

Gear owned
US-16x08, Model 24
Hi there, long time user and proponent of Tascam equipment, but recently I have encountered a critical issue preventing me from installing the drivers required for the US-16x08 interface.

On the finalizing step at the end of the installer, a prompt stating that Windows cannot verify the publisher of this driver software shows up. This was odd as this hadn't occurred before when installing on a separate computer running Windows 10, instead showing the typical driver installation screen asking whether I trust the manufacturer (shown in manual). It finishes, and the settings panel opens.

It does not say "Please insert USB cable" as expected when not plugged in. When plugging the device into the computer, the Windows "Driver Software Installation" dialog shows up, and attempts to install a generic "USB Audio Device" driver, and fails.

The device manager shows "16x08 MIDI Driver" and the generic USB Audio driver, which when viewing the properties shows a status of "This device cannot start. (Code 10)".

When attempting to use the ASIO driver in Reaper (which oddly enough shows up as an option; "US-16x08 ASIO Driver" a message appears stating "Error initializing ASIO driver"

I have installed every update possible and Windows Update shows the computer is completely up to date (as far as Windows 7 can be). I am afraid updating to Windows 10 might cause issues as this is a pre-built computer by HP designed for Windows 7, meaning certain drivers for the internal hardware may be unavailable.

I have tried plugging it in to every single USB port on the computer (6 total) with the same results. As previously implied, the interface is functional on a different computer, a Dell E6420 Laptop running Windows 10.

Does anyone have an idea as to what is going on, or perhaps a solution I have missed?

Thanks for reading, here is an imgur gallery with images associated with the problems I am experiencing:
https://imgur.com/a/uEoCexZ

J.H

New threads

Members online