PS-1225L adaptor

rjw

Gear owned
Tascam 2488
House move. DP32 adaptor lost. Tascam offers a 1225E. Is that compatible with the DP32 (original model)? Myvolts offers their alternative. Is that wise?
Can anyone help? Thanks

There's an identical thread - recent - to your inquiry (a DP-32 p/s). Search it.

That person demanded a factory/OEM replacment, and the end result was advising them to call one of the Sweetwater/Thomann/etc of the world and request it. A TASCAM factory repair center should also have them, though it's unclear if they SELL them.

FWIW: in 40+ years of studio-fussin', I've own perhaps 150-160 pieces of gear that required a wallwart/p-supply; perhaps 50% had the ORIGINAL one, and the rest had generic replacements. I'd estimate that less than a dozen ever had noise/voltage problems, probably because it was designed to run a combination Hello Kitty indoor/outdoor thermometer/hygrometer or something like that...which in EVERY case was resolved by replacing it with ANOTHER low-cost/generic one with appropriate voltage/polarity/connectors/etc.

The obvious warning applies here: "OBSERVE POLARITY"!!! (and voltage type/levels, current needs, and proper connectors).
Good luck -

PS if you're really stuck, I'll buy a generic p/s for my DP, and trade you the OEM one from mine for a nice mint-condition HD-28...:D

New threads

Members online