Question about the UH7000 digital out

dlbeaty

Gear owned
us-428
How can I connect the digital XLR out with an RCA s/pdif digital input?

Hosa converter is the cheapest way. Just using a AES / BSU to SPDIF cable could work but the ohm mismatch (if there is one) might cause an issue.

Thanks for the information. I found the Hosa CDL-313, which I think you are talking about. Hosa says that it supports 24-bit/96 kHz S/PDIF audio. I assume that would be the limit of the output of the uh-7000 when converting to s/pdif.

I have posted a question to Tascam concerning using the uh-7000 with the Tascam us-428. Maybe they or someone here could tell me if the us-428 can handle this resolution that is higher than it's native resolution.

I would need to know if I will lose the additional resolution before buying an additional device like this one.

Sorry to be so ignorant, but will the RCA, s/pdif cables need to be special digital (coaxial) design?

Last edited:
Hey there, yes spdif coaxial cables are needed. Regular RCA won't do the job. I will be able to test out my Hosa CDL-313 in two weeks or maybe more. I picked up a used Hosa for $1.00 plus $10 shipping of eBay last week. You can usually pick them up for $30 or less used. It would seem that just a cable would should do it, since there is a SPDIF setting for the digital output, which you would think would change the ohm.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.