Question about UH-7000 interface with windows

Itai

Gear owned
TASCAM UH-7000
Hi, I have bought TASCAM UH-7000 few weeks ago, and I want to figure out something.

I have disabled my old Realtek drivers, and defined UH-7000 as my only audio interface and configured the speakers output through control panel (I have Windows 8), the level of the uh-7000 interface is by default at 0dB, but the computer slider can control the level of volume that actually comes out of the speakers, which is fine.

But the problem is when I load Cubase, it rely only on the uh-7000 interface configuration and ignores the windows volume slider, so at first time my ears almost exploded, in order to not change the level of my monitors (which are rear ported) I had to make something ridiculous, I switched from stereo mix to multi track (which I don't need because I don't have any input connected) and I pushed the slider from completely being on input really gently towards the output and than I have a "normal" volume, but when i am going back to lets say media player I have to change it to stereo mix, and that is annoying.

The thing is I want either everything to be controlled by the windows slider or only by the UH-7000 interface, which in that case I would have to lower my monitors but its fine for me.

Another reason its driving me mad is because lets say I use a loudness meter (not on my DAW) to measure my tracks volume, so if the slider at windows is low than the loudness results are really low and false, but the funny thing is that when I'm muting the sounds through Windows than I get the real result (because it takes only the level of UH - 7000 into consideration) but cannot hear the music of course.

I would be really glad if someone could help me.

I think what you need is the Control Room in Cubase - there you can select a lower output volume without affecting the master Windows volume.

I don't get your loudness meter remark - are you talking about a hardware meter?

Thanks for replying mate :), but I will explain again, the problem is that cubase only follows the internal volume/configuration and ignoring completely the volume slider of windows, but maybe the control room can be a good option, I will check it out.

About the loudness meter, when I had my old built in sound card working it didn't matter if the windows volume slider was 1 % or 99 % it always gave me the same (and accurate) result, today if the volume slider at windows is low so the result is going to be low also, but if I mute the windows volume so the reference is the tascam internal volume only, and than gives the real result.

By the way I wouldn't be surprise if the problem has no solution and its something I have to live with, the gap between the UH-7000 as a product (which is one of the most impressive usb audio interfaces for the price, and even better than some interfaces that costs more) and the drivers and configuration is just ridicolous, for example the fact that if you have monitors and heasphones connected together and you want to switch between them you just have to take out one of them, its really doesnt make sense to invest so much at the high end capabalities but fail at the most simple things.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.