Question for the forum regarding the original DP32

David Porter

Soundaholic
Gear owned
DP-32SD
I know a trustworthy guy who is selling a "like new" original DP32.

Can any one here say for sure whether the *only* differences between the original DP-32 and the DP-32SD are the CD burner and the MIDI capability? Are they otherwise identical?

And is the current DP-32SD firmware applicable to the DP-32? Any idea?

Reactions: -mjk-
The DP-32SD has a "Clear All Record Buttons" button where the CD button used to be.
Functionally, I'd guess based on Phil's videos that they are the same. I haven't found any variances between his DP-32SD videos and my DP-24 functions (except for the mono/stereo track option, of course).

I'm only guessing, but likely not the same firmware. If for no other reason, different screens for MIDI and CD, and Mastering (had NSD option for CD) in original not needed in 32SD, and the aforementioned new button. One of the cool things with the original units is the MIDI port could be used to join two boards to work in sync (or so my manual says, anyway).

Here's the last DP-32 Firmware update:
2015-07-10
- Firmware V1.05-1.34 MBdp32

It's different from that current DP-32SD firmware:
Firmware
2017-10-19
- Firmware V1.03-1.14 MBdp-32sd

Last edited:
Reactions: David Porter
Buy it.
I so miss my CD burner from my old DP02.

David, did you ever get it?

I did. However - when it got here I discovered it was a DP-24 instead of the 32. That didn't bother me a bit. And the nice thing is that I bought it from a reliable long term acquaintance who assured me it didn't have more then 2 hours of usage time on it before I got it.

And as I've mentioned here before - about 2 years ago I also picked up a "back-up" DP-32SD from Musicians Friend "Stupid Deal of the Day" for $395.00 (no tax or shipping charge).

I'm slowly but surely learning Cubase - but I get much more creative enjoyment using these great stand alone recorders - particularly for tracking and capture purposes. So - I'm glad to have a couple of back-up machines stored.:)

Reactions: -mjk-
David, excellent. Are you using the MIDI function?

Not yet. But I will. Eventually. I nabbed that unit specifically because it had that capability.;)

David, I'm very interested in how that works out.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.