Questions about EQ with two knobs on DP-03

marc richards

Gear owned
DP-03
I just started to work with a Tascam DP-03.
I have learned all of the basic track functions and how to get pretty good sounds to the machine.Acosutic guitars and vocal only.

My problem is getting them to separate when I start to Mix. I did my first full song, but all of those sounds that sound pretty good alone sound like Dog meat on top of each other... way too many MIDS... very 'car horn' sounding

I grew up with visual EQ.. that is Knobs for Highs, Lows and MIDS...or parametric EQs with the visual sliders..
I never learned the values Numerically for frequencies, so the knobs pre-set at 5 on the 'high' and 350 on 'Low. mean nothing to me.

anybody know how to clean out the MIDS so they are not all sitting on top of each other??

I am recording ONLY acoustic guitars and vocal...Old school folky warm type of songs that are sounding anything BUT warm.

Any pointers or experience would be appreciated

thanks

Last edited:
It's difficult to give advice and difficult frequencies if you are not accustomed to using EQs by reference frequency. But in general rusty area is usually between 700Hz and 2 kHz. If the guitars are masking the vocals you can try taking some of the mids out of the guitars around 1 kHz to 1.5 kHz as a place to start.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.